Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Big Data, Data Science and Data Mining

I completed a course from Manipal Global on Hadoop recently. I had opted for an online-course and not instructor led and my experience has been good. The videos were able to cover the fundamentals and were able to build a base from where you can take forward yourself to being a hadoop developer. 
I am also registered to coursera for a specialization course.
I am also registered for a Data Mining course with TalentEdge affiliated to IITRoorkee. 

That is too much learning happening. Sad part is, Coursera wants you to be attentive through out the course, hardly you can skip a week, and should completely dedicated to it. So if you have other course in parallel and are also a working professional you would not be able to manage it all that great. I personally had to drop few course on coursera from in between half-ways. 

Data Science, Data mining and Big data are not completely the same thing.... I now have atleast some idea on Big data and exploring the rest two. I am now thinking to release my another course on Udemy based on my hadoop knowledge that I have gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment